Fedora 20 is released tomorrow! (16UTC)
In the mean time a few notes:
If you have installed a prerelease version at any point in the past:
- Thanks for helping us test! I hope you reported any bugs or issues you ran into and that we were able to at least address the most serious of them for you.
- Please take a minute to go and run: ‘su -c ‘chmod 0550 /root”. This is due to an issue in pre-release versions of Fedora 20. See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F20_bugs#prerelease-root-perms for more information.
- If you haven’t already, you should run a ‘yum distro-sync’ or reenable the updates-testing repository if you wish to help us test updates. See: http://www.scrye.com/wordpress/nirik/2013/12/01/updates-testing-and-final-freeze-time-again for more information.
If you plan on installing or upgrading tomorrow or after:
- Please read through the common bugs page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F20_bugs QA folks have done a great job of explaining and listing workarounds for common bugs. If you at least skim through this page you could save yourself a fair bit of time.
- Take a read through the release notes: http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/20/html-single/Release_Notes/index.html lots of good information there as to what has changed.
- For questions, as always, take a look at the install guide, wiki pages and then ask for help on the fedora users list, #fedora on irc or ask.fedoraproject.org.
Looking forward to a great release!