Sheesh, it’s been a while since I blogged anything again. I’m going to try and do at least 1-2 posts a week moving forward.
So, whats been happening in the rawhide world? Lets look back on this last month:
- 2018-11-23 (today): dbus-broker switched to being the default dbus (A f29 change that didn’t make it and is planned for f30 now). Unfortunately, this broke anaconda as it launches it’s own bus and didn’t have the right package installed to do that anymore. This meant that everything that well… installed did not work. Adamw quickly submitted a PR and new fixed build and another rawhide is running now.
- 2018-11-22: dnf maintainers were updating the dnf stack of things and happened to be in the middle of that when rawhide compose started, this meant that everything had broken buildroots and failed to compose. As a reminder, rawhide composes start at 05:15 UTC every day. Please avoid breaking things right before that.
- 2018-11-21: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-20: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-19: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-18: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-17: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-16 and 2018-11-15: The 14th compose got stuck, so the 15th never happened.
- 2018-11-14: A change in an ostree file meant that pungi didn’t properly emit a fedmsg so the ostree could be signed. So, it got stuck there waiting. A fix was attempted, but (my mistake) not applied correctly (I didn’t update pungi on the composer after I built a patched one).
- 2018-11-13: failed due to libreoffice deps being broken and the workstation live thus not building.
- 2018-11-12: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-11: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11:10: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-09: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-08: failed due to pungi-gather segfaults. This has proven very difficult to track down. In case it was memory related (and because we had more memory handy) I increased the rawhide composers memory by a ton. It seems to avoid the issue now at least since we haven’t seen this since this day.
- 2018-11-07: failed due to pungi-gather segfaults.
- 2018-11-06: failed due to pungi-gather segfaults.
- 2018-11-05: finished (incomplete)
- 2018-11-04: failed due to broken kde deps
- 2018-11-03: failed due to two issues: 1) aarch64 had a issue with networking that caused the aarch64 cloud image to fail and 2) there was a weird issue with python3 and anaconda.
- 2018-11-02: failed (see 11-03)
- 2018-11:01: failed (see 11-03)
Most of the more anoying failures would have been blocked if we had gating in place (no broken deps would have crept in and if we tried a base image with anaconda/python/etc we would have found the breakage there eariler). I sure hope we can get that in place someday. 🙂