Fudcon Lawerence 2013: day 2
on 2013/01/21 at 7:27 am
Posted In: fedora
Another hackfest day, starting way too early, at least this time I got a bit more sleep. 😉
Infrastructure folks gathered in the same room as yesterday to work on various projects. Some of the things we got done/discussed:
- Wrote up a hotfix SOP with a new slightly improved process to allow us to much more easily see the diff of the actual fix. See: http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/docs/hotfix.txt
- Talked about revamping our website build with Kévin Raymond and how we handle transations. He had a great plan to make things build much faster.
- Fixed up the hairpinning in phx2 again after 4 machines had problems with the change yesterday.
- Fixed up a new pull translations script for the websites.
- Talked about migrating from puppet to ansible and how best to do that. It’s going to be a gradual road, but there’s some things we need to do first.
- Decided that things that listen to fedmsg message bus should treat the messages as informational, and always validate/verify the data with the orig application before acting on it.
- Some folks worked on moving openid out of FAS to it’s own standalone service.
- Learned about WAT?!? https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/wat
- Again many more things that I can’t recall. 😉
Also had a meeting with FESCo folks and feature wrangler to dicsuss features. We made a lot of progress and are going to hopefully have a proposal ready for the next meeting. It’s incremental improvements, but thats the best way to move things the right direction.
What’s the reason for not trusting fedmsg? Doesn’t that break the purpose of using messages rather than dealing with different APIs of a number of applications?